A 2014 Christmas Painting-Children Sleigh Ride.
Christmas is here and is a wonderful time to celebrate with a new painting. I was inspired by my husband Thom’s three children playing in the snow when they were small. Joyful days of growing up in there beautiful farm in Franklinton, North Carolina.
This painting was created for the painting classes following three steps that you can view in the photos:
- Draw and paint the under paint
- Paint the background
- Paint the children
This painting can be done in 2 medias, Oil Paintings and Acrylics.
- Titanium White
- Ivory Black
- Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Yellow Ochre
- Raw Sienna
- Burnt Unber
- Flesh, Portrait Pink or Pale Pink
- Cadmium Red Medium
- Cadmium Red Light
- Alizarin Crimson
- Deep Magenta
- Dioxazine Purple
- Ultramarine Blue
- Prussian Blue
- Brushes, multi-purpose, polyvalent. There is a 10pc “Artist’s Loft” that provides most of the brushes for the beginning.
- Fine point Sharpie
- Easel (a simple table metal easel is fine)
- Paper towel
- Plastic plate to mix colors or a Paper Palette. SOHO has a very reasonable paper palette.
You can learn and enjoy to do this painting in the painting classes: http://www.clinapolloni.com/painting_classes.html
Call Clina: 919-841-3132