Cary, Clina Polloni, Durham, NC, Oil paintings, Painting Classes, Peppers, Raleigh, Wake Forest
The Peppers Harvest Was Good This Year.
Autumn is here and is time to harvest the delicious peppers that my husband Thom planted, and the time for us to paint them.
- Start by drawing the composition of the painting, without details. Just position each element in the canvas. In this painting I was creating a circular composition, where every element circles around a yellow pepper.
- Once you are happy with the composition, start drawing the peppers, thinking about light and shade.
- In this painting I did the under paint with acrylics because they dry faster. The under paint is very important because you are continuing to draw with colors and defining light and shade in your final painting.
- Enjoy doing your final painting. In this case I use oils because I love their bright colors and blending.
This painting can be done in 2 medias, Oil Paintings or Acrylics.
There are many brands of acrylic paintings that I have tested but the one that I like the most is: SOHO, Urban Artistic Acrylic: Excellent paintings, sold at more reasonable price by Jerry’s Arterama. 3060 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27609. (919) 876-6610
You can buy them at Michael’s, ACMoore, but again the most affordable ones are at Jerry’s Arterama and their brand is LUKAS.
Canvas: 12″x 16″
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow Light
- Cadmium Barium Orange
- Cadmium Red Medium or Carmine
- Alizarin Crimson
- Sap Green or Hookers Green
- Greenish Umber
- Cobalt Violet (hue)
- Raw Umber
Brushes, multi-purpose, polyvalent. There is a 10pc “Artist’s Loft” that provides most of the brushes for the beginning or the Pro Stroke-Power Creative Mark of Jerry’s Arterama.
For Oil paintings, the best media is Refined Linseed Oil with Refined Turpentine. To clean the brushes Turpernoi. Glass container to mix media.
Easel (a simple table metal easel is fine).
Plastic plate to mix colors or a Paper Palette. SOHO has a very reasonable paper palette at Jerry’s Arterama.
You can learn and enjoy to do this painting in the painting classes:
Call Clina: 919-841-3132