acrylics, Artichoke, Cary, Durham, Garlic Painting, Oil paintings, Painting Classes, Raleigh, Wake Forest
This is a vegetable painting that will decorate your kitchen.
This painting was created for the painting classes, is a simple and charming painting for a person that is starting to paint and wants to learn vegetables colors and techniques.
- Start by drawing the artichoke and garlic, without details. Just position each element in the canvas.
- Once you are happy with each element composition, start drawing the details, artichoke pedals and garlic cloves, thinking about light and shade.
- The best media to do your under-paint is acrylics because they dry faster. The under paint is very important because you are continuing to draw with colors and defining light and shade in your final painting.
- Paint the background first.
- Enjoy finishing your painting. You can use acrylics or oils.
This painting can be done in 2 medias, Oil Paintings or Acrylics.
There are many brands of acrylic paintings that I have tested but the one that I like the most is SOHO, Urban Artistic Acrylic: Excellent paintings, sold at more reasonable price by Jerry’s Arterama. 3060 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27609. (919) 876-6610
You can buy them at Michael’s, ACMoore, but again the most affordable ones are at Jerry’s Arterama and their brand is LUKAS.
- Titanium White
- Sap Green or Hookers Green
- Raw Umber
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- Ivory Black
- Brushes, multi-purpose, polyvalent. There is a 10pc “Artist’s Loft” that provides most of the brushes for the beginning or the Pro Stroke-Power Creative Mark of Jerry’s Arterama.
- For Oil paintings, the best media is Refined Linseed Oil with Refined Turpentine. To clean the brushes Turpernoi. Glass container to mix media.
- Easel (a simple table metal easel is fine).
- Paper towel.
- Plastic plate to mix colors or a Paper Palette. SOHO has a very reasonable paper palette at Jerry’s Arterama.
You can learn and enjoy to do this painting in the painting classes:
Call Clina: 919-841-3132
Visit Clina Polloni Art Studio and Gallery
13 Garner Road, FranklintonNC27527
Take a drive to the beautiful country of North Carolina. Only half an hour from downtown Raleigh.